Midland Red carried passengers between Coventry and the surrounding towns and villages. There was no Midland Red depot in Coventry, except for a brief period between March 1921 and September 1923. The surrounding towns of Leamington Spa, Nuneaton and Rugby provided the buses that served Coventry. There were also busses from more distant places, such as Banbury, Birmingham and Leicester. The official title of the company was the Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company (BMMO). The company began building its own bus chassis in the pre-war period and, apart from the Utiltiy years of the war, continued to do so until the end of the 1960s. The definitive website for Midland Red is www.midlandred.net.